APPSC Food Inspector Syllabus 2017
Latest Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission Food Inspector Syllabus and Exam Pattern in PDF Format.
PART-A WRITTEN (OBJECTIVE TYPE) EXAMINATION
PART-B ORAL TEST (INTERVIEW)
|PART-A WRITTEN (OBJECTIVE TYPE) EXAMINATION|
|Paper I||General Studies||150 Marks||150 Questions||150 Mins|
|Paper II||Subject:- (Common)||150 Marks||150 Questions||150 Mins|
|PART-B: ORAL TEST (INTERVIEW)||30 Marks|
New Andhra PRadesh PSC Food Inspector Syllabus:-
PAPER-1 GENERAL STUDIES
- General Science.
- Current Events of National and International Importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement, India and World Geography.
- Indian Polity and Economy.
- General Mental Ability.
Questions on General Science will cover General appreciation and understanding of science including matters of every day observation and experience, as may be expected of a well educated person who has not made a special study of any particular scientific discipline. In current events, knowledge of significant national and international events will be tested. In History of India, emphasis will be on broad general understanding of the subject in its social,
economic and political aspects. Questions on Indian National Movement will relate to the nature and character of the nineteenth century resurgence, growth of Nationalism and attainment of independence. In geography emphasis will be on geography of India. Questions on geography of India will relate to physical, social and economic geography of the country, including the main features of the Indian agricultural and natural resources. On general mental ability, the candidates will be tested on reasoning and analytical abilities.
PAPER-2 : COMMON PAPER
1. Introduction to Nutrition, Health and Public Health
2. Nutrients – Proteins, carbohydrates, fat, vitamins and minerals – functions, requirements, food sources, and deficiency.
3. Assessment of nutritional status – biochemical, anthropometry, clinical and diet surveys.
4. Food processing, types of processing methods.
5. Food Microbiology Food spoilage – types, role of micro organisms, factors influencing spoilage, prevention of food spoilage. General methods of food preservation and food processing. Preservation of different types of foods (milk, milk products, meat and meat products). Food born hazards of microbial origin, types, bacterial infections and intoxications. Food Hazards of natural origin – see food toxins, biogenic amines, alkaloids, phenolic compounds, protease inhibiters, phytates.
6. Product development – criteria for selection of raw materials, sensory evaluation objective evaluation, standardization, labeling.
7. Food Laws and Regulations – Essential commodities Act, Standards of Weights and Measures Act, Agmark, Bureau of Indian Standards, Export and Quality Control, Prevention of Food Adulteration Act – Food additives and contaminants, food colours flavouring agents and related substances, sweeteners, preservatives, antioxidants, emulsifying and stabilizing agents, antimicrobial substances, -Indirect additives, residues, contaminants and adulterants, pesticide residues, contaminants from packaging material, Metallic contaminants, adulterants Irradiated Food, Genetically Modified Food.
8. Surveys – types. Sampling procedures for conducting surveys and for quality control.
9. Occupational health– health of workers in industries safety measures, occupational diseases.
10. Hygiene and sanitation in food sector – pest control measures, Garbage and Sewage disposal, Water – Sources, purification, Hazards Analysis & Critical Control Point (HACCP), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
11. International Organizations – FAO (Food & Agriculture Organization), WHO (World Health Organization), Codex Alimentaruis, ISO, WTO. National Organizations – ICMR, ICAR, Council for social welfare, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare – delivery Health Services in India.
12. Programmes to eradicate malnutrition and improve the health status of people in India.
Latest APPSC Food Inspector Syllabus 2017 in PDF Format Click Here